· Pass necessary tests and received required approvals to place the new water main into service
· Completed storm sewer installation
· Began water service replacements
· General site clean-up prior to July 4th Weekend
Work Anticipated to be Performed, July 3rd to July 7th
· No work scheduled to be performed on Monday, July 3rd or Tuesday, July 4th on-site
· Continue with water service replacements
The contractor will continue with water service replacements. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
As stated in previous posts, since this project is funded by the Village of Glenview, construction will not be delayed due to the current shut-down of IDOT projects.
Have a safe and enjoyable July 4th Weekend.