· Completed concrete curb & gutter installation
· Completed pouring concrete driveways
· Completed pouring concrete sidewalks
· Rough graded landscape areas
· Fine graded roadway in preparation for asphalt paving.
· Paved first layers of asphalt pavement.
Work Anticipated to be Performed, July 31st to August 4th
· Install and fine grade topsoil in areas of landscape restoration
· Adjust manholes within pavement
· Perform final testing of underground improvements
· Perform walk-through of underground utilities within roadway prior paving surface layer of asphalt
· Pave surface layer of asphalt pavement
Now that the first layers of asphalt pavement are installed, the amount of dust along the roadway is greatly reduced and a smooth driving surface is provided. The construction project is nearing an end with the last major items of work being asphalt surface paving and landscape restorations. The contractor is on schedule to have the project completed, with the exception of sod installation, prior to the start of the school year.
Next week, the contractor will begin installing and grading topsoil in areas requiring landscape restoration. However, sod will not be installed until the September/October timeframe to allow for more favorable growing conditions.
Thank you to all the residents along the construction site that were without driveway access for the past 2 weeks. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. Driveway access will be restored as anticipated by Friday, July 28th.