· Poured concrete driveway along Happy Hollow Road
· Poured remaining concrete sidewalks and curb & gutter along Happy Hollow Road
· Performed rough grading of landscape along Happy Hollow Road, Lawson Road, and Rebecca Lane
· Graded and preparation work prior to paving first 2 layers of asphalt pavement
· Removal and pouring of 1st section of concrete pavement along Greenwood Road at Happy Hollow Road and Rebecca Lane
· Completed water service replacements along Rebecca Lane
· Made final connection to existing water main along Rebecca Lane at Happy Hollow Road
· Perform manhole adjustments along Rebecca Lane
Work Anticipated to be completed This week, August 1st to August 5th
· Install and grade topsoil in all areas disturbed by construction activities along Happy Hollow Road, Rebecca Lane, and Lawson Road
· Remove and pour 2nd section of concrete pavement along Greenwood Road at Happy Hollow Road and Rebecca Lane
· Remove and pour concrete curb & gutter, driveways, and sidewalks scheduled to be replaced along Rebecca Lane
· Perform asphalt trench patching along Rebecca Lane
· Perform final testing of underground utilities prior to installing asphalt surface
· Adjust manholes within the pavement along Happy Hollow Road
· Perform walk-through with Village staff to identify any areas that need to be addressed prior to asphalt surface paving
· General Site Clean-Up
Work anticipated to be completed prior to start of school year
· Mill existing asphalt along Lawson Road and Rebecca Lane.
· Complete 3rd section of concrete pavement removal and replacement along Greenwood Road at Happy Hollow Road and Rebecca Lane
· Paving final asphalt surface along Happy Hollow Road, Rebecca Lane, and Lawson Road
· Install pavement markings along Happy Hollow Road, Greenwood Road, and Rebecca Lane
Thank you to all the residents along Happy Hollow Road that were without driveway access for approximately 1.5 weeks. Your cooperation and understanding is greatly appreciated and allowed for a significant amount of work be completed in the most efficient manner possible. A major milestone was reached last Friday, the first layers of asphalt pavement were installed. This will provide a smooth driving surface as well as greatly reduce the amount of dust along Happy Hollow Road.
Along Happy Hollow Road, there will be a lot of work getting ready for the final asphalt surface layer to be paved prior to the start of the school year. There will still be a significant amount of activity along Happy Hollow Road, but likely not as many crews as previous weeks.
This week the contractor will begin installing and grading topsoil as well as installing sod along Happy Hollow Road, Rebecca Lane, and Lawson Road. The contractor will continue to water the sod once it is installed until a healthy stand of grass is established.
Along Rebecca Lane, the underground utility improvements are now completed!!! The contractor will begin the roadway improvements phase of the project. This work will consist of removing and replacing concrete curb & gutter, driveways, and sidewalks scheduled to be replaced or that were damaged during construction and asphalt patching of the gravel trench where the water main was installed. The entire roadway will have the existing asphalt surface milled and repaved prior to the start of the school year.
The 2nd section of concrete pavement will be removed and poured this week along Greenwood Road at the intersections of Rebecca Lane and Happy Hollow Road. Thank you for all your cooperation and patience as you travel through this intersection. Please use caution.
As you have seen, there has been a lot of work completed in the past few months and the major construction is schedule to be completed prior to the start of the fall school year, just 3 weeks away!!!
Thanks again for all your patience, understanding, and cooperation!!!