· Received necessary approvals to place the newly installed water main into service along Happy Hollow Road from Willowbrook School to Greenwood Road
· Completed water service replacements along Happy Hollow Road from Willowbrook School to Greenwood Road
· Completed storm sewer installation at Happy Hollow Road and Greenwood Road
· Performed necessary testing and received required approvals for placing the newly installed water main into service along Happy Hollow Road from the Phase I limits to Willowbrook School and along Lawson Road.
· Sidewalk removal and preparation work prior to pouring new concrete sidewalk as required.
Work Anticipated to be completed This week, July 11th to July 15th
· Pour concrete sidewalks in locations previously removed.
· Complete water service replacements along Happy Hollow Road
· Complete water service replacements along Lawson Road
· Make connection to existing water service to Willowbrook School
· Make connection between existing water main and newly installed water main at Happy Hollow Road and Phase I Limits
· Make connection between existing water main and newly installed water main along Lawson Road
· Begin asphalt patching of Lawson Road
· Saw-cutting existing pavement in location of proposed water main along Rebecca Lane
· Begin installation of new water main along Rebecca Lane
· Begin roadway excavation and installation of aggregate base course along Happy Hollow Road.
The contractor will complete the water service replacements along Happy Hollow Road and Lawson Road this week. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
The water services on the north side of Happy Hollow Road (opposite side of street from the new water main) will be directionally drilled under the existing pavement. The water services on the south side of Happy Hollow Road (same side of the street as the new water main) will be open cut due to the close proximity between the water main and water service connection.
The contractor will also be making the final connections between the existing water main and newly installed water main. Water will be shut-off for a period of time during these water main connections. The Village Water Department will notify residents affected by the water shut-down the day prior to the work being performed.
Once the water service replacements and water main connections are completed, a project milestone will be met. All underground utility work along Happy Hollow Road and Lawson Road will be completed!!!
The next phase of construction along Happy Hollow Road is roadway reconstruction. The contractor will begin removing the existing concrete pavement, removing unstable materials below the existing pavement, and installing a new aggregate base course for the asphalt pavement. The contractor will begin at Greenwood Road and work west to the Phase I limits. It is anticipated to take 1-1/2 weeks to complete the roadway excavation phase. During this phase, travelling along Happy Hollow Road will be very difficult and you may be asked to use alternates routes. Access to driveways in the location of the roadway excavation will be restricted for the day they are working adjacent to your home. The contractor will provide notice prior to blocking or restricting access to your driveway. Access will be provided by the end of each day.
A second phase of construction will also begin next week, water main replacement along Rebecca Lane. The contractor will begin at Greenwood Road and work towards Happy Hollow Road. For those residents that live along Rebecca Lane, this will be the beginning of the major construction along your street. The water main replacement will be very similar to what you noticed with your neighbors along Happy Hollow. During the water main construction, access to your driveway will be provided throughout a majority of the project; however, there will be instances when the contractor has excavated a trench adjacent to your driveway to install the new water main when access will be restricted. The contractor will provide advance notice so you may move your vehicles prior to access being restricted. You will have access by the end of each day and should only last a few hours. There will also be residents with their water shut-off to perform the connection between the existing water main and new water main. The Village Water Department will provide notification the day prior to the work occurring.
There is a lot of construction activity along Happy Hollow Road, Lawson Road, and Rebecca Lane as the contractor continues to meet the construction schedule and get as much work as possible completed prior to the start of school. Please you caution as you walk and travel through the construction zones.
Thanks again as you deal with dusty conditions, travel delays, driveway restrictions, water shut-down, and all the various inconveniences experienced living within a construction area. Your patience, understanding, and cooperation is greatly appreciated.